Saturday 3 December 2011

New Year Quotes

There is one thing that gets to me every time I hear of New Year's resolutions. It would be the wisdom, humor and views of personalities in human history. Naturally, these sayings were noted because of the gravity of truths behind each. In fact, many people live by such truths, perhaps putting the phrases among the top sources of wisdom about making commitments as we face another year.
It is fair to say as well that these New Year's resolution quotes have become favorites because they are attributed to famous people. I came across T.S. Elliot's piece when I read his biography a decade back and the astuteness of my loved author has stuck since. To wit, he said,
"For the last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice
And to make an end is to make a beginning."





0 comments: